Tuesday, November 25, 2008

music galore

strumming on my guitar makes me feel better... writing songs makes me feel i can express my emotions through music, and i love that...

okay. i'm a total music addict. given a chance, if i knew no better i'd be junking up on punk rock and what nots. i love music! from classical to rock and whatever is found in between. and death metal is not music BTW. sry if i bruised anyone's ego, but its totally not music and can never be. no sense whatsoever. but due to certain convictions that i have, secular music is a NO NO. for me that is(:
but i'm just as equally happy enjoying myself with christian worship, praise, contemp and punk rock! though i still do enjoy classical in its raw form. and i absolutely love piano concertos and sonatas, and whatever u call them. not to mention choir pieces and orchastraic ensembles. (don't know if i spelt any of that correctly, but argh...)
and i guess music was kinda a part of me since i was a kid. i used to love singing along to Disney soundtracks in my dad's car.(no matter how out of tune i sang). I love the little mermaid songs btw.( harmony, under the sea, part of that world,etc.) and even though i used to think guitars were used for storing coins (thats how my dad's old classical guitar got filled with stuff. little 4 year old me did it!) i guess i just loved it right from the start! i cried buckets when my parents stopped my piano lessons at 4. but i guess God has His way of doing things. i'm hoping to learn the piano(like reading 'tau gay' the music scores and what nots). And i just love music! i love taking every part of music apart in every song i listen to on my mp3. the way the bass grooves, the drum patterns, the electric riffs, the acoustic rhythms, the keyboard pads and synthesizers, the singers and how everything can just fit in so perfectly. (not saying all of the songs sound nice...) and it just makes me happy when i am able to just sit alone and listen to music and write songs, or practice rhythmic patterns with my drumsticks, or fiddle around with my acoustic, or play with the electric tones....
i guess music is just something i can never get sick and tired of. and that dream of starting a band? i guess i'm still holding on tight to it. its a band that i wanted to start about 6 years ago. namely: Lifestreet
though the people i originally wanted to start it with now have their own secular bands to play along with, what i really want is a bunch of people who love God, love music, and just want the world to hear what this bunch of young people have to say about God through music. And im not just looking for a bunch of friends to play and jam with. i'm actually searching for musicians who love what they do, and who can carry along with me, the dream i've been carrying for years. and why the name Lifestreet? because i want people to see that there is a way; a street to life(Life St.) and that is Jesus. Jesus is that way. and i just want the world to see that.
i pray that one day, God would just send the right people with the same dream down my path. The same goal. the same passion, and the same God. And though currently i have not met any of them yet, i somehow know that i will meet them sooner or later...
Lifestreet

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home